|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 6 courgettes grated on the wide holes of a grater or food processor
- 6 scallions finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat whole (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil Greek extra virgin
My recipe is easy and quick because the grated courgettes are not placed in a colander, their juices are not drained, and I do not let the mixture sit in the fridge. When the juices are drained, courgettes lose their nutritional value. Also, it is better to cook your veggies as soon as you cut them.
Bear in mind that buckwheat and fresh mint go very well together. Enjoy the exquisite taste of these kolokythokeftedes for truly eclectic palates!
Greek buckwheat kolokythokeftedes (baked courgette balls) are gluten-free!
Greek Buckwheat Kolokythokeftedes