|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- 1 cup flour fine grain whole-wheat
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease the cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, vanilla powder and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk the applesauce, sunflower seed oil, coconut milk and dark chocolate chips until blended.
- Then start folding and mixing the solids into the liquids. Note: With a rubber spatula whisk gently scrapping around the edge and finishing by folding the mixture on top of itself. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan. Bake for 50'.
Go ahead and use whatever flour you like!
This recipe uses applesauce for moisture, binding and fluffiness. It is super easy to make your own applesauce! If you do not have any applesauce or apples, just replace the applesauce with a massed overripe banana.
A cup of green tea with dehydrated orange or blood orange slices with passionate citrus notes paired with a piece of this chocolate cake is the perfect tea and dessert pairing example. The delicious orange flavor of this tea makes it an ideal pair for the chocolate cake.
If you are a coffee lover you need a piece of this chocolate cake! Chocolate and coffee are an enduring flavor pairing.