Melitzanosalata, the traditional Greek aubergine salad, is a mouth-watering summer dip. Greece is a unique culinary paradise and melitzanosalata is very popular in Greece! Its aromas and flavours evoke pleasant images and memories of long hot summers in Greece and a yearning for a quintessential Greek summer dish.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 2 kg aubergines (eggplants)
- 1 green chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil Greek extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar white balsamic
- Position a baking tray in the lower third of the oven (just below the center) and pour in enough water to come halfway up the sides. Place the aubergines directly on an oven rack and adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Bake for 40'.
- After baking for 30' in the preheated oven, open the oven door and place the green chili pepper on the baking rack. Bake for the remaining 10'.
- I have used graffiti aubergines (Sicilian) but you can use any type you prefer.
- Melitzanosalata will stay fresh for 5 days when stored in a sealed glass container in the refrigerator.
You may also like:
Melitzanosalata – Traditional Greek Aubergine Salad