|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1/2 litre water lukewarm
- 8 scallions finely chopped
- 1 kg spinach chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup wheat groats
- 1/2 cup mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil Greek extra virgin
- 1 lemon freshly juiced
- In a large, deep skillet sauté the chopped scallions with some lukewarm water over medium heat until they are very soft.
- Add salt and ground black pepper and stir to mix.
- Bring to a simmer then cover with a tight fitting lid. When the wheat groats are fully cooked, add the mint leaves and pour the olive oil. Stir to mix and remove from heat.
- Serve with lemon juice.
The spinach wheat groats recipe requires less than 10 simple and very budget-friendly ingredients.
This is a quick and easy recipe for beginners and kitchen newbies, and also it is a very nutritious dish.
Cooking fresh vegetables like spinach and scallions requires the shortest amount of time for the desired tenderness. Cook them over medium-low heat.
Wheat groats cook fast too.
This dish surprises you with a refreshing lemon flavor!
Spinach wheat groats