How To Scrape the Seeds from a Vanilla Bean
To split a vanilla bean open, use a small, sharp paring knife and cut from one tip to the other. Carefully separate the two long, flat sides and scrape the seeds into the dish you're preparing. Save the pods for steeping or grinding to powder, or use them to make vanilla sugar.
- Mix local apple varieties to yield a heavenly perfumed pudding.
- Using fresh apples to make semolina pudding is my trusty cooking hack.
- Make this breakfast porridge the night before and just warm it up for an easy morning meal. Garnish it with nuts of your choice, such as almonds or pecans, for a crunch. You can also garnish your porridge with dry aronia berries for a tart twist.
- Semolina porridge is very popular in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Juice the lemon after you have zested it.