Homemade vegetable broth is a nutritious and delicious addition to endless recipes. Making your own vegetable broth is not only easy, but also economical — a simple healthy habit worth adopting into your life. Homemade vegetable broth can be used in numerous recipes: risotto, stew, soups, dressings, gravy, sauces, casserole, pasta, legumes, and grains.
- Season the broth to taste with salt and ground black pepper. Continue cooking for a few minutes. Pour the olive oil, and immediately remove from the heat.
- Allow the broth to cool in the pot. Strain and store your homemade vegetable broth into sterilised jars.
- Homemade vegetable broth can be refrigerated, though it should be used within the next days.
- Homemade vegetable broth will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer. Homemade vegetable broth can be poured into freezer bags and containers.
- In this particular recipe after you have strained the broth, you may purée the vegetables; the soup is delicious.
- Keep in mind that for a recipe that serves 4, approximately 2 cups of broth are used. So, it is better to pour 2 cups of broth into each freezer bag or container.
2 thoughts on “Vegetable Broth”
This looks fantastic and SO easy! I can’t wait to try it.
Thank you so much!